Webinar: 1st Mortgage Backed Investing – As Safe As Houses?
1 October 2021 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Since the launch of AltX in 2012, we have seen the market for 1st mortgage investing in Australia grow exponentially, year-on-year. The sector – as an asset class offering yield with ‘bricks and mortar’ security – is today a multi-billion dollar industry and has truly come of age.
AltX, one of the pioneers in this sector, is hosting a webinar with Australia’s leading mortgage law specialists to discuss and explore how the law has kept pace with industry growth, what constitutes legal ‘best practice’ and how investor interest is beiing protected in a fast-moving environment.
• Risks in 1st mortgage loans – how to ensure capital is protected
• Preparing loan documents – The ‘must-haves in every set
• Borrower fraud – the tell-tale signs and what to watch out for
• Third-party guarantees – what are they and when they should be avoided
• The Borrower ID process – where, when, and why
• Problem loans – How to identify them early on
• Short cuts in the process – how they can be costly when loans unravel
• Receivers – their role in the recovery process
• The court process – navigating the maze
• Loan enforcement – the good, the bad, and the ugly