Australian Wholesale Unit Trust
36 months, with run-off thereafter as underlying loans repay
Pro-rata as underlying loans replay at the end of the fund term
Wholesale investors only
Wholesale Eligible Investors
1st Mortgage Underlying Security
14 Months Fund Investment Period
Exposure to most senior part of the capital structure
- Lender buffer, borrower first loss
- Priority claim on interest and principal
- Priority claim on asset
Fund Performance vs RBA Cash Rate - October 2021*
* October 2021 monthly return, annualised variable rate
14 Underlying loans
100% Captial and Interest returned
- Underlying Loans must be made to Australian companies.
- No individual Underlying Loan may exceed $17,000,000.
- Repayment of all Underlying Loans must be secured by first ranking registered mortgages over Australian real estate.
- All Underlying Loans must be supported by guarantees by the directors of the Borrower (or other persons who may control the Borrower) and a charge that is registered by the lender on the PPSR over the Borrower, a related entity or both.
- The maximum initial term for each Underlying Loan may not exceed 24 months.
- The maximum LVR for any Underlying Loan shall not exceed 70% of Gross Realisation Value (calculated net of GST on a cost to complete basis working backwards).
- Fund assets not invested in Underlying Loans must be held in cash, in a bank account in the name of the Fund with one of the major Australian banks.
- No individual Underlying Loan exposure may exceed 15% of the assets of the Fund at the time of investment.
Download the Investment Memorandum to view a detailed explanation into the fund
Managed Fund Overview
Download the Managed Fund Overview to view the historical overview and current performance, guidelines and structure
The Fund Fact Sheet
The Fund Fact Sheet details the historical and current performance, guidelines and Fund structure
AltX loan originations have topped $2 billion since the Group’s inception in 2012 across more than 1,000 property-backed transactions
With record low-interest rates showing no sign of lifting, Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) trustees are planning to shift their cash allocation into equities, according to the 2021 Vanguard/Investment Trends SMSF Investor report. However, this may not give them the steady income stream they are seeking.
Nick Raphaely, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of AltX, discusses the launch of DocuSign
There has been a significant emergence in private debt over the past 5 years, and in non-bank lending in particular. According to industry experts like Nick Raphaely from AltX the private debt market is expected to double by 2025.
From ‘fringe’ asset class to nimble backbone of Australia’s booming non-bank and construction sector, we discuss how the growth of Australia’s private debt market has been nothing short of phenomenal over the last decade.