Nick Raphaely discusses the alternate flow of credit on AusBiz TV
Key Interview Talking Points:
Why is credit flow so critical to our economy and what’s creating this kink?
- It’s getting harder for borrowers to do business with the banks – they aren’t flexible or responsive enough in a fast-moving market.
- Timing can make all the difference in this market – developers and investors are frustrated waiting for bank approvals while they bleed money into their projects, or miss out on the deal.
- There is also plenty of capital hungry for yield – it’s not getting much return in cash or bonds.
- Private real estate debt is drawing a lot of investor interest, offering attractive risk-adjusted returns.
How does technology/ your platform help solve this problem?
- Just as Airbnb matches people with an asset (a house or room) with those who need a break, or Uber matches drivers to people needing transport, AltX is also a marketplace platform.
- AltX matches private investor capital with borrowers – matching capital supply with demand.
- Access has always been a challenge for investors – knowing who is credible and who to trust.
- The AltX solution democratises access for wholesale investors.
How does it work?
- The AltX investment platform offers 1st mortgage-backed investment opportunities.
- Investors can hand-select individual deals, or invest in a managed fund for diversification, with a minimum $50,000 investment.
- Investors benefit from borrower guarantees, a registered 1st mortgage, and monthly interest – much the same as how the banks work.
- The product is designed to deliver investors yields of 4.00% p.a. – 8.00% p.a. paid monthly.
How big is this opportunity?
- The non-bank sector has grown substantially and will continue to do so.
- Private lenders are predicted to absorb more than $50 billion in commercial funding needs by 2024.
- The “Big Four’s” share of the commercial real estate market is expected to decline to 65% over the coming years.
- Australia’s private capital market offers one of the most attractive risk/return profiles globally, according to Preqin.
- Institutional investors are focused on the space, as seen by Apollo’s recent investment in MaxCap.
Level 21, 10 Grafton Street
Bondi Junction, NSW, 2022
Phone: 1300 991 380
The AltX team scrutinise each construction debt project on their merits – from the project itself, the borrower behind the project and the selected builder. See what the journey of a construction debt project is like at AltX.
Investment Deal Spotlight: Mount Colah, NSW | Target Net Investor Return (Variable Rate): 8.76% | Construction Completed
Nestled in Sydney’s coveted North Shore, this development of thirteen townhouses in Mount Colah exemplifies modern design, superb finishes and a covetable location for young families
Investment Deal Spotlight: Vaucluse, NSW | Target Net Investor Return (Variable Rate): 8.59% | Construction
At AltX, we saw the development’s potential immediately and knew our speed, expertise and experience in the Vaucluse area could help the borrower build something incredible.
Property’s investment qualities are as alluring as ever and justify its inclusion in any balanced portfolio designed to deliver competitive long-term returns.
Press Release: AltX Announces the Appointment of Greg Wallace as Investor Relations Manager for Victoria
AltX, Australia’s leading alternative investment platform, has appointed Greg Wallace as Investor Relations Manager for Victoria.